The main amendments are:
- Instead of two separate licenses, a single license of a virtual currency service provider is introduced;
- State fee for application increases from 345 euros to 3,300 euros;
- A requirement for a minimum authorized capital of 12,000 euros is being introduced;
- The legal address, the place of the actual business of the company and the place of management of the company must be in Estonia;
- The company account must be opened with a financial institution registered in the EU or EEC (bank or payment institution);
- The requirement for professional skills and the absence of a criminal record was supplemented by a requirement for an impeccable business reputation;- A criminal record certificate for countries where such a document is not issued at the country level may be replaced by a statement about the absence of a criminal record under oath in the presence of an Estonian notary.